The Everyman in association with Dance Cork Firkin Crane presents Like A Bomb by Junk Ensemble
Presented by The Everyman in association with Dance Cork Firkin Crane.
Celebrating the strength of mature bodies and challenging the cult of youth, Dances Like a Bomb is a reclaiming of our ageing body created by dance-theatre innovators Junk Ensemble. Featuring acclaimed actor Mikel Murfi and leading dance artist Finola Cronin (formerly of Pina Bausch's Tanztheater Wuppertal), the performers are heroic, vulnerable, comedic, and completely themselves in the work. They care fiercely for each other and defend their independence. As they hold each other up and push each other down, the 'performance' of age is unpacked as a reminder of ourselves: our worst and our best.
Junk Ensemble is a multi-award-winning Dublin-based theatre company founded by twin sisters Megan Kennedy and Jessica Kennedy. Currently Associate Artists at Project Arts Centre and previous Artists-in-Residence at The Tate, Junk Ensemble have built a reputation as one of Ireland's leading voices in dance.
- Creation and Direction: Jessica Kennedy and Megan Kennedy
- Choreography created in collaboration with the cast
- Performers: Finola Cronin and Mikel Murfi
- Set Designer: Sabine Dargent
- Music: Denis Clohessy
- Lighting Designer: Stephen Dodd
- Costume Designer: Saileóg O'Halloran
- Text: Finola Cronin and Mikel Murfi
- Voice Coach: Andrea Ainsworth
- Set Construction: Ger Clancy
- Production Manager: Simon Bird
- Producer: Gwen Van Spyk
- Associate Producer: Michelle Cahill
- Addition Props on loan from The Abbey Props Department
Supported by Mermaid Arts Centre, Dance Ireland and Shawbrook Dance. Funded by the Arts Council of Ireland | An Chomhairle Ealaíon Arts Grant Fund and Dublin City Council